[mythtv-users] How do I not lose my upcoming recordings?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Sep 15 15:21:55 UTC 2010

Please don't top-post on the MythTV lists.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:06:53PM -0400, Chris DiLorenzo wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Chris DiLorenzo <cdilorenzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I am moving from DC to Atlanta soon. ?That means I will need to rescan
> >> and I assume just about every channel will move. ?How do I not lose
> >> all of my upcoming recordings? ?Are they tracked by xmlid, channelnum,
> >> callsign, or the channel's name? ?Is there any way to setup the
> >> channel info prior to the rescan to maximize my chances of not losing
> >> everything?
>
> I could go through and change them, but is there anything I can do
> with the channel setup to help me out?  If not, I'll start flipping
> them to "record on any channel".

Channel recording rules use callsign to idnetify the channel.  For all
national networks, the callsigns should be the same in Atlanta so any
rules for those channels shouldn't be affected.  If you use the actual
callsign for local channels, those won't be the same in Atlanta so
you'll need to change or replace any rules for them.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net