[mythtv-users] HDCP Key out?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 14 20:56:47 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, September 14, 2010 02:46:08 pm jedi wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:30:35PM -0500, Ben Kamen wrote:
> > On 9/14/2010 12:27 PM, jedi wrote:
> > >      The money is not the bad part. Being forced to use their stuff is
> > >      the
> > >
> > >bad part.
> >
> > Well, then I hearby decree that YOU send me $100.  Just because I say so.
> >
> > I promise to put it to good use, and I won't make you use crappy
> > software.
> >
> > hahahah.
>
>     Too late.
>
>     I already have a copy of the crappy software in question. That's why
> I'm so willing to stand up and declare that using Windows 7 MCE is a fate
> much worse than having to pay for it.
>
>     I could send you my copy but I am not sure I dislike you that much.

Thank you, and most of the breakable things in my home also thank you.

I must admit I own a machine that runs Vista, another OS for masochists. I does just one thing: it runs the PlayON server
and nothing else (that I know about). The machine is banished to the garage.

Though I have to admit that it does what I want it to do, without too much trouble. I bother with it only to install the
multiple weekly Microsoft "fixes", none of which have made any improvement.