[mythtv-users] Jamu unable to update database schema

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:52:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Jan Ceuleers
<jan.ceuleers at computer.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> Been googling unsuccessfully. Problem is that after an update from Ubuntu
> 9.04 to 9.10 (and hence from MythTV 0.21 to 0.22) I get hourly emails saying
> that jamu is unable to update the database schema.
>
> Error message follows:
>
> /etc/cron.hourly/mythvideo:
> #CRITICAL - DB speaks schema version 1016, but we speak version 1028
>
> ! Error: The MythTV python interface is not installed or Cannot connect to
> MythTV Backend. MythTV meta data cannot be updated

It actually says that it can't update metadata.  Jamu isn't supposed
to (and never will) handle DB schema updates.  Your copy of Jamu is
newer than your mythvideo schema-- so you either haven't updated
mythvideo, or haven't started the FE since to update the schema.  1028
is the .23 MythVideo schema (the copy of Jamu you have installed),
1016 is .21 (the mythvideo database schema you are running).

Robert
Robert