[mythtv-users] Mythweb "Unable to connect to the master backend"

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:56:45 UTC 2010

On 09/14/2010 10:41 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 9/14/2010 11:33, Mark Adams wrote:
>>
>> Unable to connect to the master backend at 127.0.0.1:6543 (hostname:
>> pvr).
>> Is it running?
>>

> MythWeb is connecting to your database, and pulling the address for
> your backend.  If you wish to have multiple computers have access to
> your MythTV system, you must go into mythtv-setup on the master
> backend, change both IP addresses in the first page to something other
> than 127.0.0.1, and restart the backend.

Yep, that was it.

I thought I had that set to the htpc's static IP.  Alas, I did not.  The
other reference to that setting was set to the server's host name.
Given that I am running that on a static IP, it works just fine.

For now all is well.  I'm not entirely certain the access is locked
down, but I will work on that later.  Off to bed now.

Thanks for the assist.

Mark