[mythtv-users] OT: Google - big brother? or I going mad?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Sep 14 16:42:17 UTC 2010

On 9/14/2010 8:42 AM, Jason Sullivan wrote:

> So, how many people here use credit cards?  Health or Car Insurance?
> Because whatever you think Google/Facebook may have on you, it's
> nothing compared to the data that's collected by credit and insurance
> companies.

Speaking of credit cards and CREDIT -- and CREDIT Bureaus,

It's one of the things I've yelled at them for (Equifax IIRC) but
have decided to start pushing to my local congressman and you should too.

A company that makes BILLIONS of dollars every year should GIVE me free credit
tracking (not just reports, which BTW, they make really hard to do anyway).

$49.00/yr or even $2/yr to me is unacceptable for a companies who's sole purpose
is to sell information about me that can put me at risk.

Maybe I'm just nuts though.

  -Ben