[mythtv-users] HDCP Key out?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Sep 14 15:33:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 09:13 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Thought this might be of interest to folks here:
>
> http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/10/09/14/1211205/HDCP-Master-Key-Revealed

Dunno what this really means to/for HTPC users though.  I already get an
HDCP-handshaked (AFAIK and presume) connection between my Acer Revo and
my television, which also passes the DD/DTS from Myth on the Revo to my
receiver on the optical connection.

What I need now is the HTPC (i.e. Myth) to be able to _reliably_ read
and play DVDs (even with all of the non-compliance going on lately as a
copy protection mechanism) and B/R discs.  I know the latter is
coming.  :-)  Although it's still limited to not-so-recent titles AFAIU.

b.