[mythtv-users] mythttvosd - on trunk

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Tue Sep 14 02:09:40 UTC 2010

  Perhaps I'm missing something, but my wife recently pointed out that
my CID was no longer coming up.  Played with mythtvosd a little, and it
seems I can't get anything to come up on the screen at all.

Took a look through the various themes, and I see nothing in the current
themes regarding either cid/alert and/or scroller.

I recollect that most of the osd stuff was re-written, but I'm not
seeing any how-to information anywhere.  This was working when I first
switched from 0-23-fixes to trunk, but I'm not sure exactly at which
point it stopped working.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should be looking, or methods to
debug this?

For what its worth:

MythTV Version   : 26284
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 62
Library API      : 0.23.20100913-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_frontend using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg

Running blue-abstract-wide for the theme.

Using VDPAU for playback.

Thanks,

Andrew.