[mythtv-users] Checking and Fixing MKV files

Craig Van Tassle craig at codestorm.org
Mon Sep 13 22:18:13 UTC 2010

I've been having an issue with some of my MKV files that has started
popping up on my ripped DVD's, and I cant get myth to play them.
I can play them through xine but I get this.

[h264 @ 0x2998a00]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
corrupt input), discarding one Last message repeated 3 times
[h264 @ 0x2998a00]mmco: unref short failure
[h264 @ 0x2998a00]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
corrupt input), discarding one Last message repeated 6 times
[h264 @ 0x2998a00]mmco: unref short failure

Does anyone know of a program that I can use to check, and fix my mkv
files? I dont really want to spend a couple of day's re-ripping all my
dvds.

Thanks