[mythtv-users] nuv files in Mythvideo not accessible via frontend?

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Mon Sep 13 12:24:21 UTC 2010

Hi

I have some nuv recordings saved from an old installation of mythtv. On
my new backend-server, I want to keep them in mythvideo. This works on
the backend/frontend machine. However, client machines with only
myth-frontend ignore these files. How comes?

I have tried to convert them by mythnuv2mkv.sh, but the script returns
an error, probably because these files have no entry in the db.

Also jamu.py ignores these files: "Skipping non-video file foo.nuv".

Any idea how I can integrate these files in my mythtv setup?

Thanks for help,

Sven

P.S. all my machines run Mythbuntu 10.4.