[mythtv-users] What's the best Linux variant to use for a full wipe and reload?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 07:37:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Glen Hawksworth
<glenhawk at optusnet.com.au>wrote:

> > ...and roll out Fedora 14 instead, and have a
> > whole 13 more months before EOL).
> >
> > Then there's always a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 clone...
> > ...Then you have 7-10 years before EOL. :)
> >

> **Stands up and yells from the back**
>
> ...there is also Ubuntu 10.04LTS which is still good for another 2.5
> years
>
> **gets stuff thrown at him by the other distro users so sits back down**

I use buntu because I have become familiar with it. That includes becoming
familiar with both strengths and weaknesses.

Starting again I would go with LinHES because it has a rolling release cycle
(in other words it is never end of lined like fedora).

10c is the smallest coin here :)