[mythtv-users] FireDTV not working with Mythtv (Ziggo)

Gert gertk at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 12 17:48:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am running against a brick wall here.
In order to view and record DVB-C (Ziggo) I have bought two FireDTV
cards with CI slots and Alphacrypt CI modules which supposedly should
work with Mythtv as an all hardware DVB-C system.

I have installed for testing a single card with CI module and original
(and working) Ziggo smartcard.

So far I am only getting the non-encrypted channels in the frontend and
recordings.
All encrypted channels result in a zero byte recording, livetv on the
frontend displays a 'partial lock' and a black screen.

Kaffeine scans and finds all channels without problems but displays only
the non encrypted channels.

To prove the cards does work I have tried running gnutv to tune and
prepare the channel and it gives following result:

gnutv -timeout 0 -adapter 2 -out null -channels ziggo.conf  "Nederland 3"
CAM Application type: 01
CAM Application manufacturer: 4a20
CAM Manufacturer code: 4a20
CAM Menu string: AlphaCrypt
CAM supports the following ca system ids:
Using frontend "FireDTV C/CI", type DVB-C
status SCVYL | signal ff00 | snr 2020 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
Received new PMT - sending to CAM...

If I then start kaffeine on this channel it works beautifully, the
channel is decoded and displayed OK, however if I change in kaffeine to
another (encrypted) channel the screen turns black again (only OSD is
displayed for the new channel). If I select another channel with gnutv
then that channel is displayed OK

My ideas was to use gnutv as channelchanger for mythtv but there seems
to be no option to add a channel changer script to a DVB device (?)

The backend is running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
kernel 2.6.32-24-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 20 14:24:04 UTC 2010
i686 GNU/Linux
The Alphacrypt CI modules are full version (not 'light')

Anyone using this combination ?

Gert