[mythtv-users] Any easy way to set up local HD channels via QAM?

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 23:45:56 UTC 2010

I actually use a perl script for scanning QAM channels too, its general
process is:
Use azap to lock on to a frequency (i scan the entire frequency range
generally)
use dvbtraffic to look at the traffic on that frequency
if a pid uses more than 1000 bandwidth I note it as a possible channel
use mplayer to tune to that PID on that frequency if it tunes I note the
resolution and have a working channel

Then at the end it goes through and starts mplayer up on each channel so you
can identify what the channel is
Finally import into the mplexid / dtv_multiplex /  channel tables the data.

~Mitch