[mythtv-users] Help! How to properly add channels?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 14:40:35 UTC 2010

History:
Prior to OTA analog channels going off-line I had all my HD channels
coming in over a UHF antenna, afterwards 2 channels moved to their
original VHF frequencies so I stopped being able to receive them.

Yesterday I installed my brand new CS-600 VHF antenna. After stopping
mythbackend I brought up mythtv-setup and went to the channel editor
to scan for the "new" channels. It found them but did not set any
XMLTV id's. I screwed around with that until I got frustrated and
logged into Schedules Direct, looked them up manually, and set them in
mythtv-setup.

After that I ran mythfilldatabase but I did not see any schedule data.
I did some googling last night and ran it with a few other options
(--refresh-today) and now 5_2 and 5_3 seem to have a good bit of
program data but 5_1 only has today and tomorrow.

Where did I go wrong? Most of the documentation I found seemed rather
out of date...

Thanks,
Richard

System info:
Mythtv 0.22-fixes from rpmfusion running Fedora 12 x86_64
Only two tuners and one linup (ATSC) with HDHomerun