[mythtv-users] Mythvideo parental controls "issue"

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:56:41 UTC 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Ian Forde <ianforde at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Using trunk version 26146, updated recently...
>>
>> I just updated my trunk revision and (finally) migrated to storage
>> groups for mythvideo.  My movies are in video level 2, while TV shows
>> are in level 3.  I default to level 2.  So when I switch to level 3 to
>> watch a show, upon exit (using List mode for viewing) the tree resets
>> back to level 2 (default level - I tried it on another FE that defaults
>> to 4 and it reset to there) and puts me at the top of the tree.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> I've tried this on 2 frontends.  One with Aggressive Parental Controls
>> turned on, and the other with it off.
>>
>>        -I
>
> What is it you expect to have happen?  What I am gleaning from the
> above is that it is working exactly as intended.  Maybe I'm not
> understanding something.

(Thanks for the quick response...)

The usual behavior before this was for it to stay at the level I had selected (in this case, 3) rather than it flip back as though I'd just entered the plugin.  At least that's been the behavior for the last few years.  With the way it is now, if I wanted to watch a season of a show (given that the default is 2 and shows are at 3), each time an episode ended I'd have to hit 3 again and navigate the tree from the top to the show folder, followed by season, and scroll to the next episode... Major bummer... ;).

Which is why I'm wondering if it's just me or if something got overlooked somewhere... (thus, no ticket at this point - could be a pebkac...)

  -I