[mythtv-users] Do GeForce GT220s run hot? Was rebooting my system on anything above VDAPUA slim.

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 23:01:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabe Rubin" <gaberubin at gmail.com>

So I determined that my card runs at 54 when idle.  It runs as hot as
96 when under load (VDPAU high quality playing a 1080i mpeg2 firewire
capture)

This seems excessively hot.  Fortunately, it does not affect the
motherboard speeds.

My question is would a 220 with 512 megs of ram run cooler and should
I be concerned about this heat aside from the fact that life of the
card will probably be short?  Would replacing the 3 case fans with
something more efficient be advisable?