[mythtv-users] Recommendation for motherboard

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Sep 9 20:13:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 03:28:31PM -0400, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a socket-775 motherboard that works with
> linux (preferably Fedora), MythTV and supports at least 3 PCI slots
> and a PCI-Express Graphics slot?
>
> I've struggled too much getting hardware to work with all of those
> and I figure it's better to ask people that are trying to run
> exactly what I am.

I've been very happy with multiple, socket 775, Gigabyte motherboards
in the last year after having several problems with other brands right
before that.  If you like PCI slots, check out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128447

I don't have this particular board myself, but if it had been
available last year, I probably would have it gotten it.  Then I
wouldn't have had to buy a couple of PCIe cards to replace tuners and
other functionality for which I already had PCI cards.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net