[mythtv-users] Anyone successfully use a hacked NAS box as a backend?

malcolm malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 18:13:22 UTC 2010

On 09/09/10 18:14, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> I bet these little boxes would make a fine backend if the correct
> types of tuners are used.

what a great idea, its got me seriously thinking about extracting some
added value out my QNAP TS439-Pro and a USB tuner
The 439 is Atom based, but I've no idea how to start replace the
flash/firmware but I'm prepared to give it ago if someone points me in
the right direction on how to start.
Mythbuntu is preferred to remain directly comparable with my existing
systems but for a test I'm easy.