[mythtv-users] Most Cost Effective Portable Frontend

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:43:39 UTC 2010

I am in the market for a Netbook/Tablet/Notebook for multimedia only. My
goal is to run Boxee, Hulu, and MythTV on a portable machine and then dock
to a TV at home via HDMI. Thanks to Adobe, Hulu and Boxee on Linux require a
lot of CPU.  After a discussion in the Mythbuntu forums, I thought I would
open this discussion on the mailing list.

1. I was thinking about one of these, but have not been able to pull up any
results from Google.  Any Opinions?
ASUS N61 Series N61Vg-A2 16" Windows 7 Home Premium
NoteBook<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220612>
I noticed the screen resolution is 1366 x 768.  This seems weird given the
GT 220.  Should this output 1080p via HDMI though?

2. Does anyone know what CPU is required for Advanced (2X) de-interlacing
with Blu-Ray/1080P and H.264? The Myth HD playback article on the wiki does
not seem to show this: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HD_Playback_Reports

Here is my current summary of options: