[mythtv-users] mythweb not displaying newly-added channel icons

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 00:48:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> MythWeb asks the backend for the channel icons.  If the user running the
> backend doesn't have permissions on the directories leading up to the
> channel icon storage directory (which is likely if your backend and frontend
> run as different users), then the backend can't provide them.
>
> Mike

Hmm, that is weird because I granted everyone read access to the
/home/mythtv directory and then for all the directories down to
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels but if I remove the icons in
/var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons then I get no icons.  It is as if
mythweb is only looking in that directory.  I am fine with copying
over or even making a simlink, but don't know why that is the case
based on what you are writing.