[mythtv-users] CF card adapter Hard Drive

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 20:55:25 UTC 2010

On 8 Sep 2010, at 20:43, Richard Morton wrote:

> I have noticed a significant reduction in lag between user input and
> response on screen since moving from a 8gb USB stick to a compact
> flash.

Interesting comment, I've just moved from HDD to booting from USB flash and recording to nfs, really noticing the lag now! I have an IDE to CF adaptor but I discovered that not all CF cards can be made bootable, the only one I have that's bootable is 8MB, barely big enough for a modern kernel and guaranteed bootable CF cards are rather expensive.

Which type of CF do you have and did you have to mess with manufacturers utils to make it bootable?