[mythtv-users] Page isn't redirecting properly

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 8 20:24:33 UTC 2010

  On 09/08/2010 02:52 PM, mike wrote:
>>   For the S-Video input, you'll need to specify a channel change
>>   script--even if it doesn't change the channel.  So, if you don't have
>>   one, yet, use /bin/true .
> I don't really want to get into programming and custom scripts on this. I'm trying to build a machine that would be very easy for non tech types to use and me to support it for a satellite application. Would I be better off using a separate card then?

Well, if you're using the S-Video input, something has to change the
channel on the set-top box (or whatever receiver is tuning/outputting
the channel).

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Channel_Change_Scripts is a good
starting point.

If you're just using the S-Video for initial testing, then use /bin/true .

Mike