[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 10.04 users. Auto login fails now after updates

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 23:56:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just updated my Ubuntu 10.04 machines, that previously all auto login'd
> to mythtv ( setup with gdmsetup ).
> They all fail to auto login now, and gdmsetup is giving errors and will not
> unlock.
> Can anyone else verify this is happening to them, or... even better, know a
> work around?

I can confirm that gdm autologin as is set up and configured by mythtv
control centre had something that changed in the last version or so of
ubuntu.

With 10.04, I'm able to get autologin to work, but only for the first login
on boot. If I ctrl-alt-backspace, there used to be a countdown timer when
gdm would automatically log back in -- this was very helpful for my wife
when things went south for any of a variety of reasons. Now... after a
ctrl-alt-backspace, I have been unable to get gdm to automatically re-log
in.

-Ross