[mythtv-users] win32-packager.pl for 0.23.1

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue Sep 7 21:31:25 UTC 2010

Do I need to modify anything to make this script,
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-23-fixes/packaging/Win32/build/win32-packager.pl,
build 0.23.1-fixes correctly?  It looks like it is for 0.23-fixes.  I
may attempt it tonight in a VM to see how it goes.

I'm thinking about splitting my current combined system and moving the
backend tasks to my more powerful computer.  Currently it is all
running on an old P4 3.2Ghz being fed by OTA via a HDHomeRun.  I would
move the backend to the better machine (AMD Dual-core Athlon 2.7Ghz)
to eliminate brief pauses we experience when recordings fire off while
we are watching a show.  This may also allow me to enable comm
flagging during recordings and I'd like to play around with
transcoding for my iPhone or using an AirVideo server.  None of which
works well on the P4.

Anyhow, the reason to run MythFrontend on Windows would be, hopefully,
easier access to Netflix streaming services as we do not have a game
console to run that.

Thanks,
-Mark