[mythtv-users] Frontend hangs on playing recordings from a channel

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:15:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Thomas Aeby <aeby at graeff.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (mythtv 0.21)

This version of Myth is from long, long, long ago.  The encode/decode
libraries alone are over three years old.

> The format of the mpeg stream might have changed recently, however, the
> MPEGS are playing fine when using xine, mplayer and any other player I
> tried out (including projectX I use for cutting recordings).

The fact that you are running such an ancient version is probably the
reason that other programs are working and Myth is not.

Upgrade to .23.1, it will be very very hard to provide any
troubleshooting for the version you are running from 2007.

Robert