[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:08:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Michael Lynch <lynchmv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Was this just for HDMI1 or should it work for other inputs?  Also,
> care to share your MythTV audio setup options (Utilities/Setup > Setup
> General > 4th screen I think)?

Unsure what effect changing the name on other inputs has. I need to
experiment with that a bit. I have a hacked original Xbox plugged into
one of the component inputs running XBMC4Xbox. The video is black and
white for some reason, but ok, if i switch over to a composite cable
and use the AV1 input.

And alas, I'm afraid my FE setup won't help you much. I'm using a Revo
1600 running XBMCFreak's version of XBMC and using XBMC's native
support for MythTV.
(audio set to "hdmi", audio output device and pass through audio were
set to "plug:hdmi" in system->system->audio setup.)

His distro can be found here:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/?lang=en