[mythtv-users] ESPN3/360 in Myth

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 6 18:44:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Monday, September 06, 2010 11:22:03 am Brian Phillips wrote:
>> Jarod Wilson wrote:

>> > espn3.com *does* have an rss feed, but it sucks, because trying to go
>> > to what its referring to always just takes you to the main page, so
>> > there's nothing mythnetvision can really do with it. So yeah, that's
>> > your only option at the moment.
>>
>> Just tested it out.  The AppleTV is woefully underpowered to do that flash
>> video.
>>
>> Do you use a crystalHD decoder to watch it?  Or do you have a more powerful
>> processor?

More powerful system. And/or a completely different operating system
where there's publicly available hardware flash acceleration. (yes, I
said "publicly" intentionally).

> I don't think the CrystalHD, or any hardware-based accelerator, can help with Flash.
>
> We'd all like to see accelerated flash decoding, but I don;t expect it anytime soon, if ever.

Never say never. All good things come to those who wait, or something like that.

http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/?a=commit;h=72907973f7a29316d6fce1576937588cc329d53d

Note the changelog about who actually authored it.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com