[mythtv-users] Hardware for MythTV

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 15:00:51 UTC 2010

   After a couple of years with MythTV 0.20 I am about to embark in a
full upgrade - not only MythTV but also the Linux box running it. What
kind of specs should my new box aim to meet? My current box is built
around a Pentium 4 at 3 GHz, with 1 GB of memory, an Nvidia FX 5200
video card and a Hauppauge PVR 150 capture card. I would like to
capture HD video (which implies a new capture card - which one?) and
this platform does not play well (if at all) HD videos - at best they
are jerky.

   Will getting a multicore box help here?