[mythtv-users] Do GeForce GT220s run hot? Was rebooting my system on anything above VDAPUA slim.

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 05:28:25 UTC 2010

> If its causing your system to reboot, I'd suspect the power
> supply personally.

550W should be way more than enough. Unless it is defective.

> 1. Replace the PSU fan with a Vantec stealth, almost silent.

I used to think my Vantec Stealth was quiet until I discovered Nexus,
"the unofficial benchmark
that other fans will have to measure up to" on silentpcreview.com.

FYI I like to keep a log of temperatures so I can still see what was
going on after the fact. I launch the following in one of my startup
scripts:

#!/bin/bash
while [ 1 ]; do
 CPU=`/usr/bin/sensors | grep temp1 | awk '{print $2}'`
 GPU=`/usr/local/bin/nvclock -T | grep temperature | awk '{print $4}'`
 TIME=`/bin/date`
 echo $TIME CPU $CPU, GPU $GPU >> /var/log/temperature
 sleep 60
done

You will, if course, need to tweak the grep and awk statements to suit
your particular set of sensors. And if nvclock doesn't work for your
card, perhaps the `nvidia-smi -q -g 0` mentioned earlier is a good
substitute.