[mythtv-users] How to update channels for HDHR scanned from scte65scan?

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Sep 5 01:20:24 UTC 2010

Dave Richardson wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 17:08:14 -0400, bhaskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Dave Richardson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure some of my Comcast channels are changing frequencies -
>>> Comcast must be tuning up for the new broadcast seasons.
>>>
>>> What's the correct procedure to rescan and re-apply the channel
>>> information via scte65scan so that the new freq's can be added?
>>>

>> How did you get scte65scan?
>> I've tried to "make" this for HDHR and UB 10.4 and 9.10 and
>> still get lots of errors even after applying the fixes.
>> So I guess that I'm even one step behind you.
>>
>>> I don't mind doing manual updates in mysql since there are only a few

>>> update, however I'm nervous about mucking with the tables without an
>>> example.  THANKS!
>>>

> compiling scte65scan on mythbuntu 9.10
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scte65scan#Compiling_scte65scan
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Thedaver#scte65scan_and_libhdhomerun
>
> I haven't compiled it more times than what I required so that I'd have
> enuf expertise to update the main wiki page

Then modify the Makefile.hdhr file to fix a few things. First, add the
following line near the top:

 LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_sock_posix.o $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_os_posix.o

I think that it is this line that is killing me:
///
LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_sock_posix.o $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_os_posix.o  //////
                       ----------------------  don't seem to have this anywhere and
the ( libhdhomerun ) make seems to make it and then clean it.
Also what does it want in the $(HDHR_DIR)?

I will say that although I've written thousands of lines of C code, my skills are getting rusty.