[mythtv-users] Can I mythexport without transcoding?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:35:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Another Sillyname <
anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Matt
>
> Perhaps you could give an outline of exactly what you're trying to
> achieve and people could suggest a different way to get to the end
> result?
>
> For example I'm trying to get my head around why you would use an RSS
> feed to distribute the information rather then a pull from a web link.
>  Are you wanting to remotely automatically pull the program based on
> it being in the RSS list?

Heh, sorry. I sometimes go all over the map with these posts.Here's what I'm
trying to do:

I have my myth system set up at home, and I've built a combined BE/FE here
at work, as well as on my work laptop. In a nutshell, I want to transport
recordings to work to watch at lunchtime etc, and I want to use Myth to play
the movies at work. Some coworkers have expressed an interest in Myth for
themselves and I want to be able to demo its features.

I want the highest quality possible since we have both a 60" Plasma and very
nice (albeit 720p) projector in our conference room. As was stated
previously, moving that much data across the internet is not such a hot
idea, although I could see myself doing a one-off download if needed (I have
a 2mb uplink from home).

The reason I attached myself to mythexport is two-fold: One, I would like to
automatically export recordings to an ipod-friendly format for my Evo and my
girlfriend's iPod. That's out of the scope of this post but it's what got me
into mythexport in the first place. Two, I want an easy, semi-automatic way
to get tv shows from home to work and have virtually no coding, html or sql
skills. So the thought was to have mirobridge running on my portable
computer and mythexport on my home computer, and either manually import the
specific episodes through Miro or set up subscriptions and let my computers
do the talking automatically.

I have a lot of ideas in my head at once so I'm sorry if I wasn't more clear
in my other posts. Thanks for the input though, sometimes I need to be
smacked around to stay on track. :-)