[mythtv-users] Need help getting serial port control of DCT25xx settop box

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 13:14:06 UTC 2010

All references below are to files installed with MythBuntu 10.04.  YMMV.

I tried the channel changer script supplied in
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/channel_changers/dct2000serial,
but while it generated reactions, it couldn't get the STB to tune to
the desired station.  No doubt because the STB firmware is too old
(3.38 vs documented minimum 7.54!

I was led (by this mailing list, thank you!) to try the one in
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/channel_changers/dct-channel.

I have no experience building from sources, but this channel changer
is only supplied as source, apparently, and a Makefile is supplied.
There is no README that describes how to install it, though.  I tried
"make" and "make install" but I get the same error message in both
cases because there is "no rule supplied to make channel.c required by
channel.1".

How do I get this fixed so I can even try it out?

Craig.