[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 22:37:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

 I found France 24, I get it with SPB TV on my Blackberry. I suspect
anyone watching Al Jazeera in the US winds on on some
> government list of "persons of interest". I'll look into RT.

Way OT, but I guy I went to school with helped Al Jazeera set up their
DC bureau a few years back. They've actually got quite a high standard
of journalistic integrity -- most of the English-language staff came
from the BBC, and they seem to base their editorial and style guides
on the World Service.

Yes, even mentioning Al Jazeera is enough to raise eyebrows (or worse)
in the US, but they're a far more responsible news organization than
Fox, or even CNN. It's a real shame that no cable/sat carrier that I'm
aware of will carry them in the US.