[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 2 17:59:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 13:02 -0400, Paul Kidwell wrote:
> For all you Samsung TV owners out there...
>
> Just last week I figured out how to get my Revo 1600 working with
> pass-through audio.

Have you tried both DD and DTS?

> Samsung lets you "EDIT" the name of your input sources.

Yup.

> It turns out
> "EDIT" means more than changing just the name, they change how the TV
> works based on the what you name the input stream.

Right.  IIRC, one of the things that setting to "PC" did was to elminate
all overscan.

> "EDITING" the HDMI1 input name and changing it to "PC" got everything working.

Damn damn damn damn.  Certainly it's not your fault Paul, but I sure
wish somebody'd have posted this back when I created this thread.  It
would have saved me a ton of grief and returning what (apart from this
particular issue, and the generally cluelessness of their helpdesk
staff) I think is all-in-all a better TV than the one I got in return
for it.  I really don't think I would consider going back to that store
and undoing this exchange they were so gracious to do, months after I
bought that Samsung.

> < sarcasm >This is obviously some meaning of the term "EDIT" that I
> was heretofore unaware of.< /sarcasm >

And really, is completely stupid.  You only pass-through digital audio
if the "label" says it's a PC?  Freakin' stupid, stupid, stupid.

b.