[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:02:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:57:51 -0400, "Brian J. Murrell"
> <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 08:42 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>>> I have resolved my issue and now have audio working as I
>>> want
>>
>> Wow.  I can't believe I didn't say specifically how I resolved it.
>>
>> I took the Samsung (PN50C540) back to the store and brought home an LG
>> 50PKK550.
>>
> (snip)
>> I will definitely think 2, nay, 3 or more times about buying anything
>> else with a Samsung label on it.
>>
>> b.
>
> OT:  Just in time advice, I need to replace a 46" Sharp LCD that a
> neighbor girl hurled a WIIMote into.  Yes, it does happen.  Will avoid
> Samsung contenders for replacement.

For all you Samsung TV owners out there...

Just last week I figured out how to get my Revo 1600 working with
pass-through audio.

Samsung lets you "EDIT" the name of your input sources. It turns out
"EDIT" means more than changing just the name, they change how the TV
works based on the what you name the input stream. The default setting
didn't work.

"EDITING" the HDMI1 input name and changing it to "PC" got everything working.

< sarcasm >This is obviously some meaning of the term "EDIT" that I
was heretofore unaware of.< /sarcasm >