[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Sep 2 13:25:25 UTC 2010

On Thursday, September 02, 2010 07:09:31 am Atlanta Geek wrote:
> I was surprised they did not announce apps for the device.  Hulu Plus
> would have been nice.  And if they allowed third party apps then a
> mythtv app might fit the bill.

I wouldn't count on Hulu staying around, at least in any recognizable form.

Between ever-lengthening commercials, questions about "Is this commercial relevant to you?", options about long-form or
short commercials, they appear to be just flailing around, trying to figure out a way to make money, to the detriment of the
user experience. They won't give anything sufficient time to see if it works, but I guess that's true of the TV networks in
general.

I'm to the point of just not watching Hulu any more, it's simply not a pleasant experience any more.

Of course there are other options, PBS being one of the better ones. TV.com, Discovery, CBS and others seem to be able to
deliver programming without aggravating the viewer.

Nobody wants to keep trying to hit a moving target, which is what Hulu has become.

Apple doesn't want to work with any existing providers, they want to supplant them. They are becoming more Microsoftish
every day.