[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 00:30:07 UTC 2010

Hi

On 2 September 2010 09:36, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> The operative word there is "looks".
>
> I just don't see what's so great about it. For the same money you can get many units that are not locked down, and have
> internal storage as well.

Really? which one can you get ?

> Other than the physical form-factor, what's the big deal? The ability to over-pay for programming and have Apple tell you
> what you can and can't do?

It means getting movies for a fair price, convenient at the press of a button.

Don't see any reasons why *not* get excited by it

> Apple hype only goes so far, sooner or later you have to deliver the goods.

they surely did there.
It's cheap, it looks good, only draws 6W. As most Apple product it
will do what it's designed to do very well.

Don't like it? don't buy it.. easy

I have never bought as much music that since iTunes started... Will
hopefully be the same when their range of movies and TV content is as
good.

You may be lucky in the US, but in Oz, most movies takes forever to
show up, and there are plenty of TV series you just can't get.

Sure, I can torrent most of those, but surely, that you can shouldn't
enter in the argument discussing a commercial product