[mythtv-users] AVCHD camcorder video playback

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 1 23:51:11 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Robertson
To: Discussion about mythtv
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 1:14 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] AVCHD camcorder video playback

> Does anyone know how mythvideo gets's on playing back files generated by consumer camcorders. As I understand it some models have
> their own slight variation on the AVCHD standards

> There seem to be quite a few models with not a lot to choose between them so I was wondering if anyone had found any that either
> worked well, or did not work well with mythvideo and that might help me narrow down my choices.

I've had the files from a Sony HDRXR150E HD HandyCam play both with VLC (High CPU requirement) and best (in lo CPU terms) under
mythbuntu / mythtv 0.23 fixes / mythavtest / vdpau.  I've not been able to clarify whether they are 1080i or p files, I did confirm
the 1080 bit.  Sound was fine too.

I've not figured out how to directly import those files into the mythtv system, no doubt there is some simple way.

Also as an aside it seems that mythavtest requires a backend connection (or local BE slave?) to run.  I noted this when trying to
run the files on a FE notebook that was off the LAN....no go....