[mythtv-users] Who's going to be the first?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Sep 1 21:42:25 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 02:49:00 pm Scott Alfter wrote:
> On 1 Sep 10 13:46, Brian Wood wrote:
> > I'm surprised that Cisco hasn't complained about Apple calling that OS
> > "IOS", sounds like what runs on a Cisco router to me.
>
> http://blogs.cisco.com/news/comment/cisco_and_apple_agreement_on_ios_tradem
> ark/
>
> "Cisco has agreed to license the iOS trademark to Apple for use as the name
> of Apple's operating system for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.  The license
> is for use of the trademark only and not for any technology."

It's really hard to believe that "iOS" would be worth paying what Cisco undoubtedly wanted for a license to use that name.
Most computers users are vague on what OS they are running anyway, if it's not Windows, and even they most are vague o
what version.

But I guess the cost is borne by the customers, not by Apple.

Sometimes I am amazed at how stupid Apple can be.