[mythtv-users] Better listings for Schedules Direct users. Free! (was Re: another scheduling strangeness/question)

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:29:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  On 09/01/2010 11:45 AM, Ozzy Lash wrote:

> This sound a lot like the MySQL behavior you'd see if your processor were
> scaled to its lowest frequency the entire run.  Might be worth another test
> or 2--run once today (maybe while recording something you don't care about)
> to watch the CPU frequency, and if it stays low, run again tomorrow after
> telling the CPU to go to full speed.  If that makes it run better, then just
> script it to freq up, then call mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all, then freq
> down, and set the script as your mythfilldatabase program.

I'll take a look this evening.  This is a relatively new dedicated
backend system that I set up in my basement to take the load off my
aging (and sometimes overheating) core2duo system in the living room
that was both a backend and frontend system.

It is possible I haven't configured cpu scaling, or have it
mis-configured.  I would think if it isn't configured, it would run at
full speed all the time, though.

Bill