[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Sep 1 17:57:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 08:42 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have resolved my issue and now have audio working as I
> want

Wow.  I can't believe I didn't say specifically how I resolved it.

I took the Samsung (PN50C540) back to the store and brought home an LG
50PKK550.

Samsung, FWIW, were entirely useless at even understanding the problem
let alone resolving it.  Only one person, the locally dispatched service
rep. even made a hint of the problem being a "copy protection" (he
mentioned "CopyGuard") one.

Everyone I talked to at their "help desk" (yeah, I know, script
readers), had no clue and thought that "yeah, that should work" -- even
supervisor level staff.  Useless.  One rep., a supervisor even. started
telling me how my installing a new one of their own firmwares would void
my warranty.  Imagine, voiding my warranty for installing their own
firmware update.  Did I mention useless yet?

I will definitely think 2, nay, 3 or more times about buying anything
else with a Samsung label on it.

b.