[mythtv-users] 1.6GHz Intel Atom as a SD-only backend?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:07:29 UTC 2010

Hi,
   I'm wondering if anyone has experience using an Intel Atom as a
backend for standard definition only. Any problems?

   I've mostly shifted to DirercTV and just use their recorder for the
house but I don't have access to that in my office. I was thinking
about setting up Myth to use my HDHR which still gets local channels
off the cable. It's only going to record a few shows a night, mostly
Letterman, Ferguson and maybe 1 or 2 network shows. I'll use external
USB storage for the video.

   This machine will not be used as a frontend. Backend _only_.

   I had an old PowerPC-based Mac Mini which worked fine but may have
bot the dust so if I cannot get it working I wanted to buy something
_really_ cheap. I suspect this will work and am just looking for
anyone who knows differently.

Thanks,
Mark