[mythtv-users] Better listings for Schedules Direct users. Free! (was Re: another scheduling strangeness/question)

David Asher asherml at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:30:53 UTC 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 2:16 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 09/01/2010 01:39 AM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> I looked at the listings at one point during the run through mythweb,
>> and they were all cleared, which worried me about using this option
>> all the time.  What would happen a recording was to start during this
>> interval?
>
> That I can't tell you.  If the scheduler runs without any listings in the database, it won't record anything.  In truth, though, if your system is taking 45mins to complete the run, you are probably better equipped to test that "what if" than anyone else, since you have such a large working time in which to put the recording start.  :)  I'd be very interested to see your results.

Does --dd-grab-all handle the table update differently than the --refresh variants?  I don't recall the tables being cleared (and therefore the listings going empty) for an extended period of time using the old arguments.  Of course, I haven't paid this close attention to a mythfilldatabase run in years.

Another performance datapoint: 2GHz AMD 4850e, 2GB DDR2, took ~30min to do Boston OTA (13 channels) and Boston DirecTV (357 channels) lineups, with a mythcommflag of a HD-PVR show running in the background.  No noticeable effect on playback or memory usage (peaked @34MB resident, ~350MB total).  Downloaded ~3MB of data in 96s.  I'm using 0.23-fixes.  Nearly half of the total time was spent clearing data for the DirecTV source.

David.