[mythtv-users] 0.23-fixes, mythshutdown --status returncode 254

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 19:24:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:31 +0100, Christian wrote:

Hi;

> So it seems that there is just one copy of mythshutdown and one version
> of libmythdb-0, right?

I'd agree. Unless the locate command can be fooled, and I have no
reason to believe that. You could do find / -name "mythshutdown*"
but its a stretch.

> Can I somehow get more information out of mythshutdown to see what might
> be wrong?

There must be a more elegant way, but:

 strings /usr//bin/mythshutdown | grep libmyth

will work.

But if there's only one copy, I'd expect it to fail on the
command line as well as from cron.

I'd try modifying the script cron calls and adding something
like: -v most -l /tmp/mythshutdown-cron.log and then do
the same from the command line, to a different file, obviously.

You'll see (example on trunk, not 0.23-fixes!):

 mythshutdown -c -v most
 ...Using runtime prefix = /usr/local
 ...Using configuration directory=/home/bill/.mythtv
 ...   MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 63 3875641D

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 and trunk, so not a match
to your configuration. And I never run anything MythTV
related as root. sudo mythshutdown -v most shows the
same configuration directory as without the sudo.

It would be interesting to see the MYTH_PROTO_VERSION from
the above.  (output will have your password in it, so I'm
not suggesting you post it.)

Take care,

Bill Meek