[mythtv-users] 0.23-fixes, mythshutdown --status returncode 254

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 14:50:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 08:39 +0100, cvb at kruemel.org wrote:
> >> When I start this script (as root/with sudo) from a terminal, it
> >> still runs fine.
> >> If the script is launched via a link in /etc/cron.daily,
> >> mythshutdown --status
> >> keeps returning 254,..

Hi;

254=GENERIC_EXIT_NO_MYTHCONTEXT=FRONTEND_EXIT_NO_MYTHCONTEXT,
which is used in mythshutdown after failing:

    gContext = new MythContext(MYTH_BINARY_VERSION);

So, could you have more than one copy of mythshutdown or
libraries your machine, or a mythshutdown using the
wrong library?

type: locate mythshutdown and/or locate libmythdb-0

I don't know how to see what version of a library
mythshutdown is using, sorry.

Good luck,

Bill Meek