[mythtv-users] How to patch LIRC for HD-PVR150

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 29 01:40:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 15:25 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Oct 27, 2010, at 1:54 PM, E. Westbrook wrote:
>>
>> > I think you're thinking of the non-mceusb Pinnacle (pctv) tranceivers.
>>
>> No, I'm not.
>>
>> > According to LIRC, mceusb is mceusb is mceusb.
>>
>> As of lirc_mceusb in lirc 0.8.7 and the now-in-kernel mceusb driver, that's more or less true. In lirc 0.8.6, it is not.
>>
>> > See also: http://www.lirc.org/html/table.html
>>
>> See also: http://lirc.org/developers.html
>>
> Great info.  Since I've already installed lirc_0.8.7_pre1, all I need to
> do is change the make.conf file to have LIRC_DEVICES="mceusb" instead of
> LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge".
>
> I'll give it a go and see how far I get.

So I just took a look through the commit history. The pinnacle
transceiver didn't work very well until 0.8.7-pre2. I committed the
code that made it behave *after* the 0.8.7-pre1 snapshot. I'd highly
suggest updating to the lirc 0.8.7 release code. Yell at your distro's
lirc maintainer if need be, they're way behind on things.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com