[mythtv-users] need suggestions for remote for frontend

Ryan Duffy dusteur at excite.com
Thu Oct 28 22:50:19 UTC 2010

I'm happy to report back that the GP-IR02BK that I ordered does indeed work out of the box. It took 2 minutes to get it working, most of which was spent figuring out that I needed to restart lircd to pick up the new config I installed using the mythbunutu-lirc-generator. All the buttons work, although I did have to add a few extra lines to the lirc file for mythtv as some of them were unmapped.
So thanks for the input, it made it all so much easier.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the remote to bring my Revo out of standby and I'm done...I'm sure it won't be too difficult.