[mythtv-users] Strange scheduling behavior: duplicate events in "Upcoming Recordings" in MythWeb

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Oct 28 21:26:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:05:45PM -0700, Douglas Peale wrote:
> On 10/28/2010 01:50 PM, David Engel wrote:
> >>>

> >> I'd be happy to tell you if I could figure out how to get one of these tools to tell me the program ID. (minor rant: sometimes
> >> making things "user friendly" by hiding the internal workings makes it hard to debug, and therefore user unfriendly).
> >
> > Press INFO twice to see lots of information about a program.
> >
> > David
>
> For the "House" episode, there is an "episode number" For "The Event" there is not. Neither has a program ID.
>
> So the only difference in what is provided is there is no episode title, and no episode number for "The Event", otherwise they
> both have the same data fields filled.
>
> Odd, "The Event" has an "original air date" of Sept 20, I've been recording this show since it started, I should not be getting
> reruns.

Are you sure you pressed INFO *twice*?  Pressing INFO once brings up
the details screen.  Pressing INFO additional times toggles between
more and fewer details.

If you still don't see programids, are you using EIT or some other
source for guide data?  Either way, you might want to double check the
duplicate checking settins on your recording rules.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net