[mythtv-users] MythPodcaster Errors When Transcoding (Ubuntu 10.10)

Scott Kidder kidder.scott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:28:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>wrote:

> Yes, I did post my solution, but all I did was use a specially built
> version of ffmpeg by following the instructions here:-
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=786095
> It now works really well, although I do want to create some transcoding
> profiles that create smaller files than the standard ones,

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry for not responding to this thread earlier but I don't often check
the MythTV lists.  I usually respond to questions more quickly when they are
sent directly to me or filed as an issue on the project site (

I'm glad to hear that you got the issues resolved.  I recommend finding a
release of FFmpeg that works well for you and never ever touching it or its
libraries unless you absolutely must :)  The options for FFmpeg change very

Also, I released a new version of MythPodcaster today (0.0.12) that you
might want to check out.


--Scott Kidder
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20101027/42868d2a/attachment.htm>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list