[mythtv-users] beagleboard users?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Wed Oct 27 20:26:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

I though to try mythv on beagleboard (C4). Is anyone succesfully running it?

I thought to give it the first try the lazy way, I installed ubuntu
maverick netbook version on it. Some observations so far:

- couldn't run prebuilt mythfrontend, maverick is still 23
- the os coming from mmc is deadly slow. easily ends up being >50% in wait state
- watching videos over network using vlc under xfce4 was not usable,
if picture was scaled to full-screen it got less than 1 fps, so it was
useless.
- no sound coming out the system.
- missing 3d since it would require binary -only drivers

I  still thought I would try moving the OS from mmc to NFS, and see if
it makes any difference. I could also try Ångström linux, if it was
better tuned for the system. I doubt it makes huge difference though.
What experiences do you have on subject?

Is it worth the effort, has anyone proved it useable as a mythfrontend?

-i