[mythtv-users] Cheap Remote and blaster

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Oct 27 04:33:35 UTC 2010

>> I would not expect Radio, Music, Video or Pictures to work with a stock
>> Myth system without some additional configuration.
>> Those are functions of Windows MCE, which the remote is configured to
>> access directly, given compatible hardware.

I thought these things were all part of the IR driver files since they are what appear to be standard mythtv functions.

> The MCE volume control (and TV Power if so equipped) may also have been
> previously programmed to a TV set instead of the computer.

Seems to be a new remote but yes, it could come pre-programmed in some way.
Ok, so guessing this is where one starts?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use

> A quick google search turned up this page on how to program it to a TV, and
> how to reset it to 'pc' control:
> http://eirikso.com/2005/11/16/how-to-program-the-buttons-on-your-mce-remote/

Mine is the HP 5069-8344, doesn't look the same. Sounds like most MCE's are similar though.